Sunday, November 7, 2010

I'm A Bad Luck Woman I Can't See The Reason Why

I'm convinced bad luck follows me.

Seriously. My friend Jacob and I went fishing in Sedona and the only thing we managed to catch were 3 sticks and giant log. Jacob won.


He actually mentioned that he has never not caught anything in the spots we went to. The fish would come up to the surface and make a 360 around our lines but never actually bite. It got personal. Fast.

We also managed to leave my flask at home and we lost my sunglasses and his visor.

If you haven't been to Sedona in awhile you're really missing out. It's absolutely beautiful. However, someone decided it would be a good idea to line the entrance of Sedona with several roundabouts. I think maybe they thought it would make traffic better or they wanted to mess with everyone. My guess, it's the latter of the two. The roundabouts make your drive worse. Much worse. Every 20 feet we had to slow down and go round-a-bout. lol. Near the end of them we just started laughing our asses off. It was really ridiculous how many we had to go through.

We ate at the Red Planet Diner. If you haven't been, GO. It is this amazingly terrible little diner that is decorated in an outerspace/alien theme. Fantastic? YES! The food wasn't amazing and Jacob made me order a cheeseburger and fries. I washed it all down with a chocolate shake. Then I had an "out of this world" stomach ache. (pun intended) We both felt that the diner was the highlight of our trip.

Sedona is a mecca for hippies and spiritual awareness. We were really interested in going to a vortex but when we read what we should experience while in the vortex's we couldn't help but burst into laughter. Lets just put it this way...unless you actually believe in aliens the vortex is not for you :/ ...or us.

I had a great day with my sweet friend. He's always been there for me no matter what and I feel blessed to have him in my life. Everyone should have a friend like him. Thanks for a hilariously great day, Jacob :)


Stay Gorgeous,

Emily

Title: Song Lyrics To "I'm A Bad Luck Woman" by Emiliana Torrini.


No comments:

Post a Comment