Friday, January 1, 2010

OCD.

I just cleaned my entire apartment...minus the dishes in the sink. I hate doing dishes and frankly I am exhausted. It was only my intention to vacuum and wash my sheets but the inner Obsessive Compulsive Disorder didn't allow the laziness.

Have you ever tried to make a bed with a cat present? It's a tricky little game. She thought I was trying to play. She bit my hand while I attempted to put on the fitted sheet and attacked the flat sheet. I made the bed and in the end there was a cat shaped lump underneath the comforter. She found her way out much to the demise of the sequined pillow that was apparently in her way. Poor pillow, never saw it coming. It was my favorite. ( and cost way too much ) I shall go to the store and purchase another one tomorrow...and in the future remember to omit the cat from clean sheet day.

UPDATE:

I haven't spent any money for two days....TWO DAYS. This is the THE longest I've gone ever without spending any money. If you know me well, you know this is a huge step! I have a 401K that is stacked pretty well but on top of that I don't save...I spend...I've stopped doing that. Betsy Johnson had a huge sale and I walked past the beautifully crafted and very well designed store front.....I shed a tear and I may or may not of cursed.

You have permission to be impressed.


1 comment:

  1. This is going to make such a good book! I'm going to pre-order my autographed edition shortly...

    I am very impressed. But I advise you build a 6-8 month emergency fund apart from your 401k (At the same time I advised myself to start a 401k/IRA - here's to 2010 resolutions!)

    ReplyDelete