Monday, January 31, 2011

Negativity Sucks

You know what I dislike more than tube socks and celery? Negativity. It is the bane of our temporary existence on this planet.

I know it's incredibly difficult to read this post objectively, but I urge you to try.

This a comprehensive list of things I do that helped create a more positive environment for me :)

1) Instead of complaining try to think of everything that is great in your life.

2) Try smiling at strangers instead of just passing them by.

3) Volunteer. Donate your time if you can't donate your money. Or, do both! You will see how a simple use of your time will completely transform someones world entirely.

4) Cancel your cable. GASP! Yes, cancel it. Try using your time for something efficient to help your friends or family. Spend time alone reading, reflecting or working out. Do something that doesn't involve you camped in front of the television with a beer and bag of chips. Gross. I promise you will feel more positive!

5) Find quotes, pictures, books, and sayings that inspire you. Then, surround yourself with them.

6) Figure out what it is that you love to do. Then do it. If you want to be an artist, paint. If you want to be a writer, write. If you want to be a dancer, dance. Do what you love.

7) Find happiness in nature. I know, coming from me that seems ridiculous...but it's a solid statement. When I'm surrounded by nature ( close enough to drive away from nature ) I feel inspired. I always want to whip out an easel and paint.

8) Learn something new. Take a class at a local college on photography or a foreign language. Obtaining new skills can help open your world to several new possibilities. Plus, it's fun :)

9) Watch a foreign film. It will make you want to travel to France. It doesn't matter where the film was based, it's always France. Then travel there and eat a croissant for me ;)

10) Last but most certainly not least, look in the mirror and tell yourself you're amazing. I know it seems ridiculous, but it works.

I hope this helps.

Stay Gorgeous ;)

1 comment:

  1. We haven't had cable since we got married but we have Netflix which is great when it comes to choosing. Now I just need to do number 10.
    el

    ReplyDelete