Saturday, February 27, 2010

uncharacteristically Introverted.

As you all know. I gave up complaining for Lent. Good Idea...in theory.

It has proven to be much harder than I originally intended.

This is the predicament I now find myself in...

If something is troubling me I can't quite grasp the difference between discussing and complaining. I've had some pretty burdensome things taking over my life and I haven't really communicated them with anyone because I don't want to "complain"...but I need to "discuss" some of the matters that concern me, right?

I am being uncharacteristically introverted, almost to a fault. My mind is completely preoccupied regarding the circumstances that surround me. I am fearful that if I engage in conversation I am going to start complaining. To prevent verbal diarrhea I am being cautious and restrained. I foresee that I will offend certain people that generally regard me as "wearing my heart on my sleeve." I promise, it's not you, it's me. It is not my intention to use that as a rationalization for the perception of my misanthropic behavior...I am simply attempting to articulate that I may be a tad introspective for the time being.

Any suggestions?


1 comment:

  1. This post may have been considered complaining... :p

    ReplyDelete