Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Well The Day Is Gone And I'm Moving On...


....from the endless lessons that teach me to keep strong

Those lyrics resinate in my mind every time I feel defeated or I want to give up. Lets face it, life is anything but easy. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth and I know that the only thing that is going to get me where I want to be is blood, sweat, and martinis...errr wait, I meant tears. I think.

When I came to the conclusion that I needed to be the change that catapulted my life into a more positive place I knew it wasn't going to be easy. But, (can you technically start a sentence with a "but"? ) BUT, I held fast to the principle that I possess the keys to my future. I control how successful I am. Nobody can tell me that I won't be wildly amazing. Because, I am amazing. Seriously, you are too. Even on days when I want to empty the whiskey bottle and feel like the biggest failure on planet earth I have to tell myself "Emily, you're an amazing woman that can accomplish anything you set your mind to. Don't let them get you down. Oh, and you have a great ass" Imagine me staring at myself in the mirror saying this as my roommate walks by. lol. Whatever, I'm not proud. Or am I? I don't know.

My point is. Be the change you want to see in yourself first. Once you have yourself figured out everything else just starts to fall into place. And seriously, give yourself pep talks. I do, all the time. It works.

Stay gorgeous ;)

Em ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment