Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Demo Me, Baby.

I did something utterly redneck-ish and attended the demolition derby last Saturday.

I'm giving you a moment to be shocked.

Done?

Moving on.

Now, let me just get this out of the way early. IT. WAS. AWESOME.

...you may take another moment to contain your laughter.

Seriously, you guys. If you've never had to opportunity to watch the demolition derby live you must put it on your bucket list. Never in my life would I have considered this hobby as a form of entertainment. My favorite part is before the derby even began and this guy couldn't get his car started so he couldn't participate in the next "heat", "leg", "quarter" Frick, I don't know what they call it. Back to my story, in true redneck fashion he made a huge scene and threw his hat on the ground and kicked it with his dusty work boots. He threw his hands up in the air and blurted out a string of redneck-ish cuss words I don't dare repeat because my momma would kill me. I am lady after all ;) I mean, I feel for the guy but damn. Have some dignity. Poor loser? I'm unsure of the code of conduct for such an event. I mean, when you have a bunch of guys crashing into each other calling it a sport, I doubt an actual code of conduct exists. It should, but it's highly unlikely.


I feel like I need to end this post with a "Get er done!"

Stay gorgeous ;)

Em ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment